Dermal fillers are used to smooth out lines around the nose and month (marionette lines, smile lines and parentheses). They are also used to enhance and restore volume to cheeks or temples, diminish vertical lip lines, to plump and enhance lips and improve symmetry among facial features (facial contouring).
A detailed consultation is done by our doctors who assess concerns, expectations and indicate treatment areas.
A local anaesthetic cream is applied on the areas to be treated and left for 30-45 minutes. The area is then cleansed.
Essential markings indicating treatment area are done by the doctor after which the filler (product) is injected in the areas marked. The treated areas are then cleansed and an ointment is applied.
Dermal fillers are substances/gels injected beneath the skin’s surface to smooth wrinkles, add volume and contour. The products are composed of stabilized hyaluronic acid (HA) which occurs naturally in the cells of the skin. It works by drawing in water and therefore augmenting the skin, thus reducing the wrinkle being treated. It is totally biodegradable.
The face loses volume and contour when we age. The bones and the soft tissue dissolve and contribute to the appearance of sagging. Dermal fillers may be used to replace this volume loss and restore the structural support, giving you a more youthful appearance. The aim is to make the face more harmonious and rejuvenated.
For instance, the lips may be injected to improve their shape, size, symmetry and proportion. The cheeks may be injected to make a face more defined and attractive. An underdeveloped chin may be injected to make it appear more projected and proportionate.
Cost depends on the type of dermal filler, the amount of dermal filler is required and the areas of the face you wish to be treated (e.g. undereye hollow and cheeks). During the consultation, our doctors will formulate a treatment plan for you and advise the exact cost of your treatments. Prices start from around 20k.
Generally, basic dermal filler procedures require a topical anesthetic which is applied 40-45 mins before the treatment. After 45 mins, It is simple and straightforward, involving a few tiny injections directly into the skin, and takes between 15-30 minutes.
Make-up can be applied immediately after the procedure and you can go straight back to work.
Results are seen instantly after the treatment, although this gradually improves over the course of the following 2-4 weeks.
Results can last between 9-18 months although optimal results can be maintained over a long period of time through regular repeated treatments. The longevity varies from person to person. Optimal results can be maintained over a long period of time through regular repeated treatments.
The procedure varies from person to person, depending on your requirements and the severity of the wrinkles that are being treated, in addition to the particular dermal filler being used.
Yes. We use only products with a proven safety record. Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a substance that occurs naturally in the cells of the skin, thus there is no risk of allergic reactions. Even people with food sensitivities can receive these fillers safely.
Significant side effects are extremely uncommon but may include:
1) Injection-related reactions: these reactions may include redness at the injection site immediately after the treatment.
2) Bruising: occasionally bruising can occur. However, the use of micro-cannula (blunt needle) dramatically reduces the risk of bruising.
3) Contour irregularities can and do occasionally occur. Massaging can usually smooth out any ‘lumpiness’ however if persistent the filler can be easily and rapidly dissolved.
4) Infection – as with all injections, this procedure carries a risk of infection. The syringe is sterile and standard precautions associated with injectable materials are taken.
5) Necrosis – one of the worst possible complications of dermal filler. Fortunately, this is extremely rare. It happens when the dermal filler is accidentally injected into a blood vessel and it subsequently blocks the blood supply to the skin/tissue in that area.
6) Blindness – This is a very rare complication. There have been approximately 100 cases in the world and is caused by injecting dermal filler into a blood vessel that has a connection with the artery which supplies blood and oxygen to the eye. There is no treatment so far for this that has been successful.
A week before the treatment it is advisable to stop consuming alcohol or taking medications or supplements that thin the blood like aspirin, ibuprofen, green tea, or ginseng. This will help minimize bruising after the procedure.
After your treatment, we will again go through with you any after-care advice in order to maximize your treatment benefits and avoid any undesirable side effects.
1) You can resume normal activities, drive yourself home or return to work immediately after the treatment.
2) As with any type of injection, there may be some slight redness immediately afterward. Camouflage makeup may be applied.
3) The results directly after the treatment should therefore not be seen as the final results. This is because over the following 2 weeks the results will gradually improve.
4) For 2 weeks after the treatment, you are advised to avoid extreme heat or intense cold.
5) Do not physically strain yourself for up to 4 days
1) We only use market-leading brands
2) We will not compromise on our standards and use the highest grade of dermal fillers for more dramatic results with better lift and tissue support
3) Consultation and treatment are personally undertaken by our trained doctors under the guidance of Dr.Mikki Singh who is an international speaker and trainer in advanced facial aesthetics procedures
4) Our doctors are well known for their methods of achieving beautiful yet incredibly natural cosmetic results with minimal pain, bruising and downtime
5) We provide excellent post-treatment care
We believe our patients deserve the utmost safety in our care and we are committed to offering reliable, safe and effective results. We follow all the WHO mandated protocols and work with a limited staff to keep our premises safe.
Do not consume any alcoholic beverages for at least 24 hours prior to the treatment as alcohol may thin the blood and increase risk of bruising. Avoid any anti-inflammatory or blood thinning medications for at least two weeks prior to the treatment. Please consult with your physician if this is a possibility. Have a good meal before the procedure to decrease your chances of getting lightheaded.
Do not rub or massage the treated areas for the next 24 hours. No steam, sauna or any kind of facial for at least fifteen days. Avoid any kind of strenuous or vigorous activities for the next 72 hours. Avoid exposure to sun or heat for the next 72 hours. Try to sleep face up and keep the face slightly elevated if experiencing swelling.
Bruising, swelling and pain may be experienced post procedure, which is temporary and will subside over the days following the treatment.
You are pregnant or breastfeeding. You have the tendency to bruise easily. You are suffering from a sinus infection, it is best to hold off on getting dermal fillers as any infection in the facial area can spread to the treated site.
Bodycraft has excellent clinic consultants and would really help you understand your skin related issues, along with the best cosmo-dermatologists I have come across. Visit this Bodycraft for a complimentary consultation to understand your skin better. Highly recommended!
Cleanliness & hygiene is also on point. Totally recommend Bodycraft for skin services.
It has been a great clinic service experience in Bodycraft. The doctors have helped me a lot from giving best consultation to the best results as well. Very satisfied.
I visited this place for microblading for eyebrows. Met with the consultant and doctor. The doctor was very patient and attentive, he tells you what to expect honestly. The consultant was super sweet and helped with managing my appointment and helped give the best care and treatment. If you ever need any services like wrinkle relaxers, filler or eyebrows I would 100% recommend Bodycraft.
I was skeptical about injections. But I was also worried about my chin. The doctors at Bodycraft assured me for getting fillers and it made a huge difference. Very happy with the results.