Unwanted hair can be an inconvenience, and for some people, traditional hair removal methods such as shaving, waxing, and plucking are not only time-consuming but also painful. Fortunately, laser hair removal offers a safe and effective way to remove hair from various parts of the body. However, if you’re considering laser hair removal, you might be wondering, how many sessions do you need to achieve the desired results?
In this blog, we will explore the benefits of laser hair removal and discuss how many sessions you may need to achieve smooth, hair-free skin.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a safe and effective way to remove hair from various parts of the body using laser technology. It works on the principle of destroying hair follicles with pulses of laser light to reduce hair growth in unwanted areas. The treatment areas include the upper lip, legs, underarms, bikini line, and more.
Although laser hair removal has minimal side effects, some people may experience redness or swelling after the treatment. Many people choose this method of hair removal due to its convenience and long-lasting effects.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
If you’re tired of constantly removing unwanted hair, read on to learn more about the benefits of opting for a laser hair removal procedure.
- Permanent hair reduction
- Precision targeting of hair follicles without damaging the surrounding skin
- Time-saving as it eliminates the need for regular hair removal routines
- Reduced risk of ingrown hairs and razor bumps
- Less discomfort compared to traditional hair removal methods like waxing or plucking
- Suitable for treating large areas of the body like the legs, arms, and back
- Long-term cost savings as it reduces the need for ongoing hair removal costs like razors, waxing, and creams
- Safe and effective with minimal side effects when performed by a trained professional.
How many Sessions do you need For LHR?
In about 4-6 sessions throughout your lifetime, the Laser Hair Removal treatment can target the removal of unwanted areas from almost anywhere on your body. This treatment reduces hair growth by over 80% with every session.
Laser hair removal sessions can’t target all hairs in the growing period. However, the Laser Hair Removal treatment ensures that new hair growth will be thinner and lighter. This means you will have to make fewer trips to the clinic for an LHR treatment.
What to Expect During a Laser Hair Removal Session?
While getting Laser Hair Removal sessions, you will go through the following steps –
- Step 1 – Our doctors will have a one-on-one consultation with you to identify the target areas for hair removal and to discuss your medical history.
- Step 2 – You will be given protective eyewear to start the procedure. The treatment area will then be shaved and cleaned by your professional.
- Step 3 – A laser will be adjusted based on the colour, thickness, and position of the hair to be treated.
- Step 4 – Your professional will position the laser beam to make it penetrate through your skin to the hair follicles and destroy them to prevent hair growth.
- Step 5 – Your technician will then monitor the area for several minutes to ensure that no negative reactions occurred.
- Step 6 – The treated area will then be wiped clean.
View this post on Instagram
Once the Laser Hair Removal session is conducted, your professional will apply cream and sunblock to avoid side effects like burning sensations, itching and redness. You can expect these signs and symptoms to naturally go away within a few hours.
What to do After your Laser Hair Removal Session?
You can resume back to your normal activities after your Laser Hair Removal session. To ensure utmost care, do note the following –
- Your skin may feel sensitive for a day or two following the treatment.
- For the first 24 hours, avoid makeup, scented lotions or any deodorants.
- It is recommended to avoid waxing, shaving and plucking any hair until your next session.
- If the sensitivity persists, you should apply a cold compress or ice packs.
When can I see Laser Hair Removal Results?
Although you won’t see your final results until you’ve finished all of your suggested sessions, most people see substantial changes after each session. After each treatment, you will notice that the need to shave, wax, or pluck will progressively lessen.
At the Bodycraft Clinic, you can say hello to hair-free skin in just a few sessions. Our professionals come with years of experience to make the Laser Hair Removal treatment easy and effective for you. Additionally, we offer a complimentary patch test to make you comfortable throughout the procedure.
Book your appointment with us today to get started!
View this post on Instagram
FAQs About Laser Hair Treatments
1. Is laser hair removal good or bad?
Laser hair removal is generally considered to be a safe and effective method of removing unwanted hair. When performed by a qualified professional, it can provide long-lasting results with minimal side effects.
2. Can laser hair removal cause more hair growth?
No, laser hair removal does not cause more hair growth. It can reduce hair growth over time by damaging the hair follicles, which inhibits future hair growth.
3. Can laser hair removal make your facial hair thicker?
No, laser hair removal does not make facial hair thicker. It can reduce hair growth and provide long-lasting results, which can be especially beneficial for people who struggle with unwanted facial hair.
4. Do at-home permanent laser hair removal solutions work?
At-home laser hair removal solutions are available, but their effectiveness can vary depending on the individual and the device used. In general, professional laser hair removal treatments performed by a qualified doctor are more effective and offer more consistent results.
5. Is laser hair removal permanent?
Laser hair removal can provide long-lasting results, but it is not always permanent. Individual results may vary, and some people may require maintenance treatments over time to maintain the results.
6. Which one is the best laser hair removal machine?
There are several laser hair removal machines available on the market, and the best one for you may depend on your individual need and skin type. It is important to choose a machine that has been cleared by the FDA and is operated by a qualified professional.