With the sultry heat of the summer season bidding us adieu, here’s welcoming the monsoon season. Even though the weather remains pleasant during these times, your hair might not be in the same state. Due to the sticky weather caused by extreme humidity, it is a must to follow a monsoon hair care routine to keep your mane healthy and gorgeous.
6 Monsoon Hair Care Tips for Healthy Hair
If you’re wondering how to care for your hair in the monsoon, our experts at Bodycraft recommend a few monsoon hair care tips that make your hair thank you for the extra pampering. Follow the below-mentioned hair care tips religiously to see the difference.
1. Maintain a Balanced Diet
One of the most important tips for healthy hair in the monsoons is to maintain a proper diet. This should include a balance between fresh fruits and leafy vegetables in addition to consuming nuts, dairy and eggs. You should also drink water adequately to keep your body nourished. This will impact your hair and skin health keeping them hydrated.
2. Keep your Hair Dry
There is enough humidity during the monsoon season to make your hair look dull and worn down. Hence, you should take more precautions for hair care in the rainy season. Wash your hair normally but don’t keep it wet for long. You can use a soft towel to dry your hair and let it air dry further. It is also a good practice to not tie your hair tight after washing it to prevent hair fall.
3. Rejuvenate with a Hair Spa
One of the best hair care tips for the monsoon season is to opt for a hair spa. Hair spa in monsoons helps recharge your scalp and hair to keep them healthy. It helps make your locks look nourished and moisturized. Our experts recommend opting for a hair spa every 15-20
You can try our Intense Hair Spa – a personalized hair treatment that can be customized according to your hair type and concerns. For more details, you can walk-in to your nearest Bodycraft salon today.
4. Opt for a new Hairstyle
While maintaining proper care for hair in the rainy season, we suggest opting for a monsoon haircut. Going short is a good idea this season since that will prevent excess moisture from settling in your scalp and locks. You can also opt for an easy monsoon hairstyle by just trimming your ends to prevent hair fall and the occurrence of split ends.
5. Revamp your Hair Care Routine
The same hair care tips are not applicable for every season. Hence, your hair care products too need a shuffle every now and then. We suggest picking products that are gentle to your scalp and hair, and come with hydrating benefits to make your hair feel lighter with every wash. You can shop from our range of curated hair care products for the monsoon season.
6. Schedule a Hair Treatment
The increased humidity and unpredictable weather conditions can adversely affect coloured hair, causing it to become dull, frizzy, and prone to damage. A professional hair treatment like the Olaplex Intense treatment at Bodycraft Salon can help nourish and repair severely damaged hair. You can also check out the K18 hair spa which restores and reconnects the keratin chains that were broken by bleach, colour, and other chemical services. It strengthens the hair’s core structure and restores elasticity.
Monsoon Hair Care Tips For Different Hair Types
Each hair type has its unique needs, and understanding how to nourish and protect your locks during the monsoon can make a significant difference in maintaining healthy, gorgeous hair. Here are a few tips you should keep in mind according to your hair type.
|Monsoon Hair Care Tips
1. Shampoo every alternate day to control excess oil and scalp sebum
2. Use a mild, clarifying shampoo to remove the build-up caused by sweat and humidity
3. Opt for oil-free or lightweight hair products to prevent greasiness
4. Keep your hair up or in a braid to minimize frizz and contact with rainwater
5. Avoid touching your hair frequently to prevent additional oiliness
1. Deep condition your hair once or twice a week to combat dryness caused by humidity
2. Use a moisturising shampoo and conditioner to provide extra hydration
3. Apply nourishing hair masks or oils to restore moisture and prevent frizz
4. Limit the use of heat-styling tools to prevent further drying
5. Protect your hair from rainwater by using a waterproof hat or scarf
1. Use a sulfate-free shampoo to retain natural oils and moisture in your curls
2. Condition your hair thoroughly to prevent frizz and dryness caused by humidity
3. Apply a leave-in conditioner or curl-enhancing cream to define and control your curls
4. Avoid brushing your curls when they are dry to prevent breakage and frizz (try finger-combing the hair instead)
5. Consider protective hairstyles like loose braids or buns to reduce frizz and protect your curls from rain
1. Use volumizing shampoos and conditioners to prevent limpness caused by humidity
2. Avoid heavy hair products that can weigh down your fine hair
3. Opt for gentle detangling with a wide-tooth comb or fingers to minimize breakage
4. Use dry shampoo to combat oiliness
5. Be cautious with updos to avoid putting too much strain on your fine hair
1. Incorporate a weekly deep conditioning treatment to provide extra moisture and control frizz
2. Apply anti-frizz serums or leave-in conditioners to smooth down the hair cuticles
3. Avoid towel-drying vigorously and instead, use a microfiber towel or a soft T-shirt to gently squeeze out excess water
4. Opt for loose braids, buns, or updos to keep your hair away from the humidity and rainwater and minimize frizz.
The extra moisture brought about by the monsoon season can only be tackled with some extra precautions. Following these monsoon hair care tips can ensure that your hair remains clean and dry, without any major hair concerns. Book an appointment with us today, or walk in at the nearest salon to see how we can transform your hair.
FAQs around monsoon hair care tips
1. What should you apply to your hair during the monsoon?
During monsoon, it is recommended to apply a hair serum or leave-in conditioner to protect your hair from humidity and frizz, while also nourishing and hydrating the strands. You should also use a mild shampoo that cleanses the scalp without stripping away natural oils that help maintain a healthy balance during this season.
2. Should I wash my hair daily in the monsoon?
It is not necessary to wash your hair daily during the monsoon unless you have excessive sweat or dirt buildup. Washing your hair every 2-3 days with a mild shampoo can help maintain a healthy balance and prevent stripping away natural oils, which can be beneficial for your hair during this season.
3. What is a proper hair care routine in the monsoon?
A proper hair care routine during the monsoon includes regularly shampooing your hair every 2-3 days with a mild shampoo, followed by the application of a hair serum or leave-in conditioner to protect it from humidity and frizz. You should keep your hair dry and avoid excessive exposure to rainwater to prevent fungal infections. Regular trimming can help prevent split ends and maintain healthy hair.