Silky smooth skin is definitely the dream for almost everyone out there. Achieving it is also not too difficult but it definitely requires frequent visits to your professional at the salon. More often than not, waxing is carried out by a professional on different parts of the body to remove unwanted hair and reveal smooth, glowing skin. But is waxing really worth it?
In this article, our experts highlight some advantages of waxing along with some disadvantages of this hair removal method for your skin. Waxing for hair removal might be required once every 20 days, but it is always better to be aware of the benefits and disadvantages of waxing before scheduling your next appointment.
What are the Benefits of Waxing?
There are 3 basic pros of waxing for hair removal. They are as follows –
- If you opt for hot wax, it is certainly beneficial for sensitive skin. It helps open the pores easing the hair removal process. It is also ideal for hair removal in the bikini region.
- In case of cold wax for hair removal, it can be applied directly on the skin. Hence the process is swift curbing the instances of pain or redness.
- If your salon uses sugar waxing for hair removal, it can be applied on almost every skin type. It is composed of natural ingredients making it safe for hair removal.
- Waxing helps exfoliate the skin which makes it smooth and younger-looking.
- It also results in the gradual reduction of the frequency of hair growth.
These pros of waxing can vary depending on your skin type. Before opting for your choice of waxing hair removal, we recommend consulting your professional for the ideal option.
Are there any Disadvantages of Waxing?
Yes. While there are certain pros of waxing, it is important to keep in mind the disadvantages of waxing. Hence, we urge you to make a conscious decision before visiting your salon.
The cons of waxing are as follows –
- Waxing can cause pain and discomfort depending on the target area. This is applicable for both hot and cold wax.
- This form of hair removal might not be suitable for all skin types. Sensitive skin, for example, might face redness, burning sensation and itching post procedure.
With its host of benefits and disadvantages, waxing still remains one of the best methods to remove unwanted hair from your skin. To determine which type of waxing suits your skin type, you can schedule a consultation with our experts or visit your nearest Bodycraft salon for more details.
At Bodycraft, we offer different types of waxing services all catered to your skin’s specific needs. Drop by today to reap the benefits of a comfortable and less painful waxing experience.
FAQs about Waxing
1. How long does Waxing last?
The results of waxing vary from person to person. Generally, new hair grows back within 20-25 days after which you need to book another appointment at your salon for waxing hair removal.
2. Is waxing better than shaving?
Yes, waxing is better than shaving since it removes unwanted hair instantly from the target area. The chances of any side effects like bumps and the occurrence of ingrown hair is less in comparison to shaving which can cause the same, in addition to cuts and burning sensation on the skin.
3. Does waxing make skin darker?
In case of application of hot wax on your skin, post-inflammatory pigmentation may occur in the target area causing your skin to look darker. However, this subsides gradually with the right form of skin care.