The under-eye can develop a darker pigment than the rest of the skin due to stress, genetic factor, or exposure to the sun. You might start noticing the difference in skin tone in natural lighting when your face is devoid of any skincare products or makeup. Over time, it can get darker creating a distinct condition known as dark circles.
A few lifestyle changes along with the correct forms of under-eye treatments and under-eye fillers can help you combat dark circles in no time. In this guide, we will be discussing the various causes in addition to the number of best treatments for dark circles that are available today.
What Causes Dark Circles?
Constricted blood vessels under the eyes can cause dark circles in a number of individuals. It is not only caused due to tiredness but has a variety of factors that contribute to it daily and can worsen the condition over time,
- Straining the eyes: If you are a student or working professional, you might be sitting in front of a laptop daily. Long stretches of exposure to the blue light radiated from the screens can directly affect the under-eye area. The blood vessels make your eyes bigger as they constrict below your eyes, causing the appearance of dark circles.
- Genetic Disposition: More often than not, individuals can have dark circles right from their younger years due to genetics. This increases over time and might not be treatable with the help of skincare ingredients.
- Dehydrated skin: Dehydration is one of the main factors contributing to dark circles. The eyes start sinking in giving your face a dull look. Since the eyes are close to the underlying bone, the dark circles can become more prominent if not treated.
- Long exposure to the sun: The UVA and UVB rays of the sun are known to cause pigmentation on the skin. Exposure to the sun without using sunscreens or wearing protective clothing can increase the production of melanin in the skin. This causes dark circles under the eyes.
- An allergic reaction: Any form of infection or allergy can cause discomfort to the eyes. As the production of histamine increases, your eyes might become sunken or dehydrated. This can cause flakiness, redness, and itchiness. If you rub or itch the under eyes, the dark circles can worsen unless proper medication is taken.
- Prolong hours of tiredness: If you usually do not get 7 to 8 hours of sleep, you are more likely to develop dark circles. This disruption in your sleeping patterns increases the appearance of dark tissues under your eyes. It can also be caused due to oversleeping.
What are the treatment options available for curing dark circles?
Wondering how to get rid of dark circles? You can always get a dark circle treatment done to lighten the pigment under your eyes. Bodycraft’s Bangalore and Mumbai clinics have several treatment options available that can bring about a significant improvement to your skin.
The under-eye treatments can help in the following ways,
- Lightens and energizes the eye area by giving it a natural lift
- Helps to hydrate the under eyes to improve cell generation and prevent dehydration
- It can subtly remove dead cells from the light exfoliation procedure
- Evens out the skin texture under the eyes to make your face tone and features look prominent
You can book an appointment with the aesthetician who will guide you in preparing for the dark circle treatment. You can see noticeable differences within a few sessions as professional tools are used on your skin with safety and hygienic procedures.
Ideally, you will be guided about your skin type and the intensity of the dark circles. You can also avail of under-eye fillers that can significantly reduce the puffiness below your eyes and make your eyes look perkier than before!
Under-eye fillers or dermal fillers are cosmetically safe to use. They help to make the skin plump while retaining smoothness and elasticity. A gel is inserted into the skin that helps to reduce dark circles, wrinkles, crow’s feet, and creases around the chin and eyes.